Wearing gemstones is actually one of the most effective ways to always have them with you and harness their energy and power. Choosing the right gemstone can be a difficult process, especially when you have so many beautiful stones to choose from. The good news is that you can’t go wrong if you follow what you feel and what your intuition is telling you.
In different periods of our lives, we are attracted to specific precious stones. While sometimes it’s simply because we like the color of the stone or the way the gem shines, other times it’s because the stone contains natural healing energy and properties that offer the healing and/or support we need at that time.
Here are some tips to consider when choosing a gemstone:
- Do you feel a connection with the stones and their energy? Choose a stone according to the month in which you were born or the stone of the zodiac.
- Do you have a favorite color? Choose gems by color.
- Are you attracted to a particular gem? Choose the one because in this case you resonate with it and it is the right one for you.
Gemstones by month of birth
These gems are specific and usually associated with individual months of the year. The origin of the stones is believed to go back to Aaron’s breastplate, which contained twelve precious stones representing the twelve tribes of Israel.
Over time there have been some variations in the specific stones used as “moonstones”, but the idea of the stones still holds a prominent place in many traditions, customs and belief systems even today.
January – Garnet
February – Amethyst
March – Aquamarine
April – Diamond
May – Emerald and chrysoprase
June – Moonstone
July – Ruby
August – Olivine
September – Sapphire
October – Opal and pink tourmaline
November – Yellow topaz and citrine
December – Turquoise, tanzanite and blue topaz
Gemstones by Zodiac
Most people know that a specific gemstone is associated with their birth month, but even our zodiac signs (astrological birth signs) have long been associated with various precious and rare stones. These are known as “stones of the zodiac”. Additionally, each zodiac sign has several possible associated stones, which is why the stones are often referred to as “related” rather than specific to a particular zodiac sign.
Gemstones by color
Each of us is influenced by colors. Often more than we realize. Color is closely related to all aspects of our life, especially its visual aspects. It permeates our language, our culture and our health. We use colors to describe our physical well-being, our emotions, our attitudes and our spiritual experiences.
It is therefore no wonder that we are attracted to certain colors in our everyday life. Whether it’s painting a wall or wearing a scarf, the color we choose has an impact on us. Colors have healing properties, as do gemstones that have these particular color attributes.
What is your favorite color? Are there colors that you are particularly drawn to at different times of your life?
Choose a color according to its properties and influence:
- Red gemstones are stimulating and help build vitality on a physical level.
- Blue gems cool, calm and relax the body system.
- Yellow gemstones are encouraging, bringing joy, optimism and confidence.
- Purple gemstones are detoxifying and help purify the body.
- Orange gemstones help bring joy, wisdom and creativity.
- Green gemstones bring balance and growth.
- Pink gems are soothing.
- Dark blue gemstones help with integration, purification and altered states of consciousness.
- Purple gemstones are cleansing on a physical as well as a spiritual level.
- Black gemstones are protective, grounding and empowering.
- White gems are purifying
- Beige gemstones calm and relax.
- Brown gemstones are grounding and provide stability and support.
Are you interested in a piece of jewelry made from a unique stone? Do not hesitate to contact us.